A Window into COP26
- To find out more about ACE and COP26, attend the October 19th webinar (9-11 am MST) COP26: People-Centered Action through ACE.
- Youth and classrooms are invited to participate in Forest of Promises for COP26, a World Wildlife Fund-sponsored project that provides the opportunity for youth to send messages to world leaders.
- Engage in the action and receive updates from Ms. Wilkening and her delegation at the Window into COP.
- Learn more about Betsy Wilkening and read her Climate Story, to be published next week.
- Attend Ms. Wilkening's WRRC Brown Bag presentation on November 18th.
- Follow on Twitter @betsywilkening, @climategenorg, @COP26.
On October 29 and 30, 2021, the WRRC, Gila County Cooperative Extension, and Cobre Valley Watershed Partnership co-convened the After the Fire public meeting to unpack the status and outlook for local watersheds affected by the Telegraph and Mescal Fires.
Happy New Year! As our plans for 2022 continue to take shape, here is a selection of what’s on the horizon for the WRRC.
UNESCO, an organization within the United Nations, recently published a book on Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) that is freely available online. MANAGING AQUIFER RECHARGE: A Showcase for Resilience and Sustainability offers 28 real-life examples of MAR use in collaborative water resources management aimed at improving the quantity and quality of water supplies while buffering against drought and other emergencies.