"Creating New Leadership for Arizona’s
Water and Environment in a Time of Change"
June 9, 2010
- Arizona Land and Water Trust, Aaron Citron, “Benefiting Landowners and Desert Rivers: The Desert Rivers and Riparian Heritage Initiative.”
- Sonoran Institute, Claire Zugmeyer, “Living River: Charting the Health of the Upper Santa Cruz River.”
- Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, UA, Paul N. Wilson, “Preparing Future Leaders.”
- Southern Arizona Geosciences Union for Academics, Research, and Outreach (SAGUARO), Jeanine Ash, “SAGUARO: Creating diverse leadership in the geosciences for Arizona's future.”
- Engineers Without Borders Southern Arizona Professional Chapter, Jennifer C. Dussor, “Engineers Without Borders Water Supply Well and Pump Improvements Project.”
- Watershed Management Group, James MacAdam, “Green Jobs and Green Infrastructure: Training Tomorrow’s Environmental Leaders.”
- Southern Arizona Green Chamber of Commerce, John Brown, “Making the Business Case for Green.”
- Mansfield Middle School, Arizona Project WET, Master Watershed Steward,“Fostering Community Leadership through Action Education: The School Water Audit (SWAP) at Mansfield Middle School.”
- Pima County Public Library and Inside/Out Project, Sarajean Harwood and Madeline Kiser.
- Tucson Arts Brigade/The Conscious Collective, Jodi Netzer, “Creative Communications: Community Arts and Commissioned Works.”
- Green Valley Pecan Company, “The Pecan: Agriculture in the Desert Southwest.”
- Southern Arizona Water Users Association (SAWUA), Chris Ward, “Future Leaders and Staff in the Water Industry.”
- Haley E. Paul, School of Sustainability, Arizona State University, with a grant from Western Sustainable Agriculture and Education (SARE), “Agricultural Water Use and the 1980 Groundwater Management Act: Institutional Change and Water Conservation in south-central Arizona, USA.”
- Students for Sustainability, Lesley Ash.
- Gwendolyn Woods, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, University of Arizona, “Optimizing Distributed Wastewater Reclamation Capacity in Tucson.”
- Jenna Wild, Tucson High Magnet School, “Ampicillin Resistant Bacteria in Wastewater Effluent.”
- Kelsey Waite, Tucson High Magnet School, “Determining the location and spreading of the salt water-fresh water interface in wells using simple resistance measurements.”
- Central Arizona Project, Mitch Basefsky.
- Arizona Hydrological Society, Mike Hulst.
- Montgomery & Associates, Juliet McKenna.
- Little Colorado River Plateau RC&D, David M. Newlin, “Little Colorado River Watershed.”