Calling All Photographers!
Calling all photographers! The WRRC is excited to announce our 2023 Photo Contest. This year, the theme is Water Scarcity & Extreme Weather in Arizona. We invite you to showcase your talent by capturing the essence of Arizona's climate challenges – from floods to droughts and microbursts to wildfires – in compelling images. Focus your unique vision on illuminating Arizona’s paradoxical water landscape and its astonishing weather extremes. Check out last year's winners.
- Water Scarcity & Extreme Weather:
- The Built Environment
- Arid/Semi-Arid Lands Outside of Arizona
- Water in Arizona (general Arizona water photos)
One winner, one runner-up, and one honorable mention will be chosen from each category.
Winners will be announced at the 2024 Chocolate Fest in February (Date TBD), and winning photographs will be featured on the WRRC website. Photo Contest images will be used in WRRC publications and other outreach materials.
- Submission Window: Sept. 15 – Dec. 15, 2023
- Submission Limitations: Each entrant may submit up to three photos.
- Complete Submission Rules & Guidelines Here
Who can enter?
- The contest is open to anyone who is high school age or older on the last day a photograph can be submitted; Friday, Dec. 15, 2023.
- For high school students under 18, the permission of a parent or guardian is required in order to submit a photo.
Employees of the Water Resources Research Center and their immediate family members are not eligible.
Winning photos from any previous WRRC photo contests are ineligible.
- 300 dpi resolution
- RGB color, Black & White, grayscale
- jpg or tiff
- Max file size not to exceed 10MB
- Label each photo as follows: Last name-first name-image number-short title-year picture taken-location (example: "Smith-John-01-Down-the-drain-2023-Tucson.jpg”)
For more information, see Rules & Guidelines
All submissions must be received on or before Dec. 15, 2023.
Sign up to receive photo contest updates via the WRRC Weekly Wave!