WRRC 2021 Photo Contest - Aridity, Shortage, and Resilience
Calling All Photographers!
The WRRC photo contest is back, and we are eager to see what our contestants will submit this year. As with our last few photo contests, the main criteria are that the photos be taken in Arizona (apart from the special category Water in Arid/Semi-Arid Lands Beyond Arizona) and, of course, that they feature water. Categories include Water in Nature, Water in the Built Environment, and Water is Life (for example, people, pets, agriculture). Feel free to use the contest theme Aridity, Shortage, and Resilience to fuel your imagination. So get to clickin’ and send us your amazing photos. We look forward to seeing what you’ve got! Get inspired by previous submissions!
- Best in Show
- Water in Nature
- Water in the Built Environment
- Water is Life (for example people, pets, agriculture)
- Water in Arid/Semi-Arid Lands Beyond Arizona
Submission Window: Sept. 10 – Dec. 17, 2021
Submission Limitations: Each entrant may submit up to three photos.
Complete Submission Rules & Guidelines Here
Who can enter?
- The contest is open to anyone that is high school age or older on the last day a photograph can be submitted; Friday, Dec. 17, 2021.
- For high school students under 18, the permission of a parent or guardian is required in order to submit a photo.
Employees of the Water Resources Research Center and their immediate family members are not eligible.
Winning photos from any previous WRRC photo contests are not eligible.
Photo Submission Format
- 300 dpi resolution
- RGB color, Black & White, grayscale
- jpg or tiff
- Max file size not to exceed 10MB
- Label each photo as follows: Last name First name, image number, short title, and year picture was taken and location (example: "Smith-John-01-Down-the-drain-2012-Tucson.jpg”)
More information, see Rules & Guidelines
All submissions must be received on or before Dec. 17, 2021.
Sign up to receive photo contest updates via the WRRC Weekly Wave!