Company/Organization: Montgomery & Associates, Inc.
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2022
Montgomery & Associates, Inc. (M&A) is seeking a full-time hydrogeologist to join our Tucson office. The position primarily includes office work, including processing and analyzing data, supporting groundwater modeling projects, and preparing technical reports. Range of duties will vary with experience and qualifications. The candidate will interact with M&A project staff and project managers, administrative personnel, and clients. Preferable candidates will have an undergraduate or graduate degree in hydrology or geology, be self-motivated, and demonstrate strong time management, organization, and communication skills. Occasional field work may be required.
Duties may include:
- Compiling, processing, and analyzing hydrogeologic data
- Preparing lithologic logs
- Using spreadsheets, databases, GIS, and graphing software to create data files, maps, and plots to analyze data, including field data
- Processing and analyzing pumping test data to determine hydraulic parameters and recommend sustainable pumping rates
- Processing and importing data for web-based data portal and data management system
- Assisting groundwater modelers with data input, processing, and analysis
- Preparing data summaries, presentations, and technical reports/memos
- Participating in client meetings/teleconferences to present program results and recommendations
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in hydrology, geology, or related field; introduction to groundwater principles preferred
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to work in teams and at times with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and a commitment to deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer applications
- Familiarity with GIS preferred
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
Your benefits at Montgomery & Associates will include:
- Competitive benefits and salary in a growing team-oriented company
- Dynamic work environment with safety and technical training provided by the company
- Challenging and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On-the-job mentoring by senior professionals
- Western U.S. projects and travel opportunities
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2022.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
M&A values diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.