Senior Water Resources Manager
Company/Organization: Town of Prescott Valley
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2022
The Town of Prescott Valley is looking for their next Senior Water Resource Manager to join our team! As the Senior Water Resources Manager you will provide your water expertise and support to Town leadership in the development and administration of the Town’s water resources, conservation and recharge programs.
In this position you will:
- Hire, train, develop and coach professional-level water resources staff. Assist staff to achieve performance standards. Identify, address, and resolve complaints, performance, and service deficiencies.
- Develop, analyze, recommend and implement water policy and legal strategies in context of the General Stream Adjudication. Provide expert testimony at legal proceedings or legislative hearings related to water rights and water resources.
- Develop, implement and direct active and effective long range financial, water demand, conservation management plans and programs related to the Town’s water resource planning. Develop and maintain budg-ets for water resource projects.
- Develop or supervise development of applications for various State and Federal permits requiring understanding of hydrology, and engineering principles. Initiate, negotiate, and coordinates water use agreements and other contracts between the Town, other agencies and customers.
Need to have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Hydrology or closely related field; (7) years experience in water resources, including (3) years in a management role, preferably within a municipal environment. Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal & State laws and administrative code related to water resource.
- Proficient computer skills to operate MS Office software.
- Energetic, self-motivated and highly organized team player with outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, dedicated to providing a high level of service to a diverse customer base.
Compensation: The salary range is $77,500 -$108,400 DOQ. The Town provides a full range of benefits including no-cost to you health coverage and a generous retirement package.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
First Review Date : 3/15/22 @ 5:00pm
Apply online: pvaz.net