Company/Organization: Arizona Water Company
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posted: Thursday, October 7, 2021
Arizona Water Company, a private utility serving customers throughout Arizona, is seeking Operations Analyst at our Phoenix corporate office. The Operations Analyst develops, updates, and administers the company's water supply and demand management activities and strategies. The Operations Analyst also prepares all regulatory filings to the Arizona Department of Water Resources ("ADWR"). The Operations Analyst assists the President and other company officers and managers to develop company policies and operating procedures. This is a management level position and reports to the Vice President - Operations.
Responsible for a variety of tasks and duties, which may include, but would not be limited to, the following:
- Gather information and prepare annual reports for the company's water systems in Active Management Areas to be filed with ADWR by the end of March each year.
- Gather information and prepare annual reports for the company's water systems that are not in Active Management Areas to be filed with ADWR by the first of June each year.
- Gather information and prepare annual reports on the company's water storage and recovery to be filed with ADWR by the end of March each year.
- Gather information and prepare annual reports for the Central Arizona Groundwater Replenishment District by the end of March each year.
- Prepare and provide monthly reports to Division Managers showing water production, water sales, unsold water by category, and water loss reduction efforts.
- Work with Division Managers to track water system production capacity and water system demands.
- Administer environmental compliance management recordkeeping and real property inspections.
- Administer well permits, Underground and Groundwater Savings Facility storage permits, and water storage agreements.
- Work with the Vice President - Operations to prepare the company's order of water from the Central Arizona Project each year.
- Develop projections of water use, unsold statistics, source of supply costs, and O&M expenses for company management.
- Maintain the company's tank maintenance database and schedule tank maintenance and inspections with Division Managers. Develop projections of tank maintenance expenses for company management.
- Work with Vice President - Operations and Division Managers to gather information needed to complete the company's applications for Workers Compensation insurance and liability insurance.
- Assist in the Operator Certification Program.
- Perform other tasks and duties as directed.
Required skills, knowledge, and physical requirements:
- Excellent personal computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, and have effective public speaking skills for presentations within the company and in public forums.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be dependable, punctual, have good attendance, and have professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must exercise good sound judgment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, grasp, push, pull, bend, stoop, climb, crouch, squat, crawl, twist, perform repetitive physical activities, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Within 12 months of hire or promotion must learn and be knowledgeable about Arizona's 1980 Groundwater Management Act, water rights, ADWR's Assured Water Supply rules, water regulations, and state water policies.
Required education, training, and experience:
- High school diploma.
- College degree or equivalent water utility administrative work experience in water resources, water utility operations, environmental compliance, statistics, or other applicable study areas.
- Minimum two years of experience in water system operations, water planning or similar position. Other comparable experience and education that meet the minimum requirement may be considered.
- Valid Arizona driver's license and acceptable driving record.
The company offers a competitive wage and benefit package, including company paid medical, vision, dental, holidays, vacation, and 401(k). Send a detailed resume: email@example.com.