Data Entry Assistant (Temporary position)
Company/Organization: Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
Location: Arizona (Remote)
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2021
The Surface Water Quality Improvement Planning Value Stream in the ADEQ Water Quality Division (WQD) is seeking an experienced and qualified data entry assistant to compile and enter surface water sampling data into a database for use by senior staff members. This position will support ADEQ staff by managing, organizing, reviewing, editing, and entering sampling data and other information related, but not limited, to:ADEQ Temporary Worker Position | Data Entry Assistant
- Community Science surface water data
- Data submitted into the ADEQ surface water app which is used by various organizations
- Sample data collected by ADEQ staff
This position will be funded through a temporary staffing services contract with the State of Arizona. The candidate will not be a direct employee of ADEQ. The position is funded October 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. This successful candidate will be paid $17 - $20 per hour at 20 hours per week with flexibility for additional hours if/as needed. The candidate will work remotely, but must be located in Arizona.
The Surface Water Quality Improvement Planning Value Stream at ADEQ has a Community Science program, staffed by volunteers, to assist with the collection of surface water and other parameters in various locations in the state. The Community Science groups are trained and overseen by ADEQ scientists. The volunteers do all the work except enter the data into the database. The Surface Water group at ADEQ also has their own sampling teams, who will be collecting surface water data throughout the year. This position would be entering data from these two sources. Other related work may also be assigned to this position as ADEQ scientists need assistance with various projects.
To enter surface water data in a timely manner for use by the ADEQ scientists.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress) in environmental science, hydrology, conservation, natural resources, ecology, or other related field
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in any of the above fields (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Data Entry
- Basic data review and analysis
- Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- General knowledge of surface water, preferred Arizona specific
- Ability to decipher handwritten notes and data
- Conduct basic data analysis
- Utilize and oversee databases
- Familiarity with sampling data (preferred)
- Advanced communications skills, including reading, speaking and writing
- Highly organized and capable of multitasking
Please email resumes to email@example.com.