Company/Organization: Montgomery & Associates
Location: Tucson, Arizona (but will consider other locations)
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Montgomery & Associates (M&A) is seeking full-time hydrogeologist with substantial groundwater modeling experience. The preferred location for this position is in our Tucson headquarters but will consider other M&A branch office or possibly other western U.S. locations. The position requires education and professional experience in quantitative hydrogeology and groundwater modeling. Preferable candidates will have a graduate degree in hydrology, geology, or related field, experience analyzing and modeling groundwater systems at hard rock mine sites, and be self-motivated with strong time management, organization, and communication skills.
Work duties may include:
- Compiling, processing, and analyzing hydrogeologic data using spreadsheets, databases, GIS, and graphing software
- Developing hydrogeologic conceptual models and water budgets
- Developing numerical groundwater flow and transport models
- Preparing data summaries, presentations, and technical reports/memos
- Participating in client meetings/teleconferences to present program results and recommendations
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in hydrology or geology; course work in hydrogeologic data analysis, groundwater modeling, and computer programming preferred
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience developing and applying groundwater models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, GIS software, and computer programming (e.g., Python, FORTRAN, Octave, etc.)
- Experience with MODFLOW (including NWT, USG, OWHM, etc.) and Groundwater Vistas; experience with FEFLOW a plus
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to work in teams and at times with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and commitment to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status (required)
Your benefits at Montgomery & Associates will include:
- Competitive benefits and salary in a growing team-oriented company
- Dynamic work environment with safety and technical training provided by the company
- Challenging and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On-the-job mentoring by senior professionals
- Western U.S. projects and travel opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account; HRA
- Long- and short-term disability
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Vacation, holiday, personal, and sick leave
- Employer matching 401k retirement plan
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M&A values diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.