College Intern - Environmental Compliance & Permitting
Company/Organization: Salt River Project
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2021
Salt River Project’s Environmental Policy & Strategy group is hiring a college intern to support legislative and regulatory environmental compliance policy analysis.
Exciting opportunity in SRP's Environmental Policy and Strategy group to gain valuable work experience
and exposure to key environmental legislative, regulatory and policy issues facing water and power
utilities, including air, water, waste, natural resources and electric vehicles. Student Intern to be able to
start in June and work through December. Start date and daily work schedule is flexible based upon
school schedule and department needs. The ideal candidate will be a college Sophomore or Junior, or
enrolled in a graduate program in a related curriculum who has completed coursework to develop skills
appropriate for the assignment. Training and work will be primarily done remotely from home.
- Review and summarize utility-related environmental news articles.
- Assist with tracking and recording environmental legislation and regulatory rules.
- Review and prepare written summaries of proposed federal and state legislation, regulations, and other environmental policies.
- Coordinate with other SRP business units to understand impacts of proposed environmental legislation or regulations.
- Collaborate and participate in internal or external meetings related to environmental issues and programs.
- Review and prepare written summaries of scientific or utility-related technical reports on environmental issues.
Interested applicants should apply through SRP’s website: https://careers.srpnet.com/job/Phoenix-College-Intern-Environmental-Compliance-&-Permitting-AZ-85001/742472900/
Questions regarding the position duties can be directed to Chuck Paradzick at Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org ; (602) 236-2724.