Water Resources Coordinator
Company/Organization: Town of Prescott Valley
Location: Prescott, Arizona
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2021
End Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
The Water Resources Coordinator provides technical as-sistance and support to the Water Resources Manager in the development and administration of the Town’s water resources, conservation and recharge programs. Re-searches, prepares and delivers comprehensive reports and informational programs to citizens, Town staff and community leaders to facilitate understanding of water regulations, policies and practices. If you are passionate in water resource management and looking for opportunity to make a difference, we encourage you to apply!
In this position you will:
• Perform field inspections, ensure compliance with all appli-cable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures in the management of water resources.
• Track and report all water resource performance measures including tracking of total water demand and total water sup-ply by source to assist in projecting future reclaimed and potable use and population.
• Respond to inquiries received in the Town Manager’s office. Research issues and complaints, provide information.
• Assist in establishing water resources program priorities, objectives and goals. Research water conservation issues, conduct water audits, assist with resolving high water con-sumption of businesses and residences. Assess program effectiveness and makes recommendations for improve-ments.
• Assist in the preparation of Town water resource policies. Prepare and maintain related water agreements, grants, division records and databases.
• Serve as a liaison with other Town departments to facilitate
understanding of water regulations, policies and procedures.
• Prepare and present educational programs on water conservation to the public, schools and community groups to include developing les-son plans, determining presentation methods, determining the target audience and selecting instructional materials.
• Perform other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Need to be:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, hydrology, natural, physical science or other highly related field, and three (3) years of experience in water resources or water conservation programs, pref-erably within a municipal environment. Or any equivalent combina-tion of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Energetic, self-motivated and highly organized with outstanding inter-personal and communications skills, dedicated to providing a high level of service to a diverse customer base.
• Able to operate standard office and presentation equipment, working proficiency in MS Office software.
Compensation: The salary range is $25.28 to $35.38 per hour. The Town provides a full range of benefits including no-cost to you health coverage and a generous retirement package.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, including position requirements, benefits and to apply online please visit our website at www.pvaz.net.
The Town of Prescott Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.