Company/Organization: Arizona Municipal Water Users Association
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021
End Date: Friday, March 12, 2021
The Arizona Municipal Water Users Association (AMWUA) is comprised of ten municipal members who provide water to 3.5 million people and to the businesses and industries that are key to the State’s economy. AMWUA facilitates discussion among our members and collaborates on water policy and solutions for water challenges, including overseeing a regional conservation outreach effort.
Since 1969, AMWUA has helped shape solutions to Arizona's water supply and management issues to support economic prosperity and safeguard our members’ water supplies for future generations. AMWUA routinely collaborates with ADWR, SRP, CAWCD, the Arizona Legislature, and others to advance sound water policy for Arizona and the Colorado River Basin.
AMWUA is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Program Assistant. This position will serve as an integral part of the organization and help ensure the success of the Association’s Conservation & Efficiency Program. This position will work closely with the Conservation & Efficiency Program Manager, Conservation & Efficiency Advisory Group (CEAG), and collaborate with other AMWUA staff and water professionals.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, self-directed, have excellent writing and communication skills, and work well both independently and in a team. The ideal candidate will identify tasks that need to be undertaken, prioritize, and stay focused and ahead of things in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Major duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing administrative and project management support to the Conservation & Efficiency Program by working closely with the Conservation & Efficiency Advisory Group (CEAG) and the Program Manager.
- Maintaining the conservation section of the AMWUA website and related conservation websites (i.e. Smartscape) by working with AMWUA members, partners, the Conservation & Efficiency Program Manager, and the Communications Manager to implement updates.
- Compiling, organizing, and maintaining information, data, and digital assets.
- Generating, updating, proofing, and finalizing a wide variety of documents and meeting materials consistent with AMWUA’s communication guidelines.
- Researching and analyzing existing and new conservation & efficiency efforts as well as various policy issues.
- Responsible for attending at least two Board meetings a month and then drafting and finalizing those meetings’ minutes.
- Soliciting bids and coordinating the purchase, delivery, and invoicing of publications and other materials.
- Inventorying conservation publications/materials, including tracking in- and out-going materials and archiving CEAG program materials.
- Assisting and coordinating AMWUA’s presence at conferences, including organizing and shipping materials.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree - preference given to water-related fields.
- Possess exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, as well as time management skills.
- Take personal initiative to be self-directed, think ahead, work independently and as a team member, and collaborate and coordinate with others.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and a naturally curious problem solver.
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and define and set priorities.
- Have the ability to operate an Apple Mac computer.
- Have the ability to work with databases and website content management systems.
- Possess strong skills in all of the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Professional, and Photoshop.
- Exercise strong internet research skills.
This list of essential responsibilities and requirements is not intended to be exhaustive. AMWUA reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Annual Salary - $40,000 - $50,00003/12/2021
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume no later than March 12, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Diana Pina.
AMWUA is a non-profit corporation established in 1969 and located in Phoenix, Arizona. AMWUA works on behalf of its members—Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Goodyear, Mesa, Peoria, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe. AMWUA’s mission is to protect its members’ ability to provide assured, safe and sustainable water supplies to their communities, and to advocate responsible water stewardship that supports economic prosperity and safeguards Arizona’s water supplies for future generations.