Company/Organization: Sonora Environmental Research Institute, Inc. (SERI)
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021
Full-time Position (40 Hours/Week)
SERI’s mission is to partner with low-income and minority communities throughout the
southwest to protect the environment and improve community health. Our Limited-Income
Rainwater Harvesting Program (RWHP) seeks to increase the participation of limited-income
families in Tucson Water’s rainwater harvesting rebate program. With funding from Tucson
Water, our program provides a no-interest loan and/or grant for qualified families to pay for
systems over time and qualify for the Tucson Water rebate. The Program Manager will be
responsible for managing all aspects of the RWHP. This position may also assist with SERI’s Solar
- Recruit and qualify participants for the RWHP.
- Guide participants through the RWHP and assist with all required forms.
- Coordinate installation of rainwater harvesting systems at participant households.
- Maintain rainwater harvesting Filemaker Pro database.
- Monitor participant loan payments.
- Act as liaison with Tucson Water and complete quarterly and yearly reporting requirements.
- Conduct the required rainwater harvesting workshop for the Tucson Water rebate program in English and Spanish.
- Give presentations on rainwater harvesting to community members, organizations and agencies.
- Coordinate social media with SERI Communications Specialist.
- Represent SERI in an enthusiastic and professional manner in the community and demonstrate a commitment to SERI’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Four years of experience in a related field including one year of experience managing a program.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and experience with database management.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of both passive and active rainwater harvesting systems.
- Skills in community engagement through targeted outreach.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Experience giving professional presentations to large and small groups in both English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of promoting programs through social media.
- Experience completing data analysis and reviewing and evaluating program performance and achievements.
- Experience writing reports.
- Experience completing bid process and managing contractors.
- Ability to research new methods and apply them to existing programs
- Ability to organize workload, manage time and work independently.
- Flexible work schedule
- Thirteen paid holidays
- 120 hours of paid time off
- 24 hours of paid sick leave
- Health and dental insurance
THIS POSITION WILL WORK REMOTELY DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. THE SUCCESSFUL
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER AND WIFI AND BE ABLE TO ATTEND
SERI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Email a cover letter, résumé and writing samples in English and Spanish to Ann Marie Wolf at