ADEQ Border Programs Intern
Company/Organization: Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2021
We are seeking a talented and engaged intern who wants to develop beyond the classroom. In this role, you will participate in gathering information on projects completed as part of the Arizona-Sonora Environmental Strategic Plan and collaborate in development of a closeout report. You will also accompany staff to relevant work meetings and field activities.
The final project for this internship is a closeout report of accomplishments achieved through the 2017-2021 Arizona-Sonora Environmental Strategic Plan, and identification of remaining gaps.
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
Compensation is at $15.00 per hour with no other benefits provided
It is up to the discretion of the respective school to provide academic credit.
The start date for this internship will be determined once a selection is made. Hours can coincide with class schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
You will bring the following to the internship:
• A general understanding of environmental studies
• Ability to work in a team meeting
• Excellent writing skills
• Critical analysis and result oriented skills
• Strong skills in Google office products
• Bilingual English and Spanish required
You will gain the following from this internship:
• Understanding of and practice in using project planning tools
• Compilation of environmental data and reporting results to internal and external audiences
• Importance of acumen and discretion required in binational work
• Intern candidate must be in their Junior or Senior year of a BS/BA or working towards a Masters/PhD program
• Selective preference will be given to students in environmental or earth science
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or better
• Candidate must have the right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
• Candidate must be at least 18 years old
Do you think you have the combination of environmental passion, technical and creative knowledge, skills and abilities to help drive this agency to our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
Click APPLY to submit your resume
Arizona State Government is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Having trouble applying for this position? Email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.